New Futures propels under-served young people through certifications and community college degrees and into rewarding careers across the Washington, DC region. We invest with a deliberate combination of scholarships, academic advising, career coaching, and a lot of heart to help our Scholars launch in-demand careers that will lead to financial security.
New Futures breaks down barriers that lead to consistent, generational inequity. In service of our mission, New Futures Scholars benefit from:
BECOME A SCHOLAR
Am I Eligible?
Each New Futures scholar has a passion for a career and the drive to get there.
Additionally, candidates must:
- Be nominated by a New Futures Community Partner school or organization
- Plan to pursue an associate degree or professional certification
- Have a household income of 80% of area median income or less
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED
- Be between the ages of 17 and 29
- Live in the Washington, DC metropolitan region
- Aspire to a career in IT/Cybersecurity, Hospitality and Culinary Arts, Health Sciences, Construction and Infrastructure, Public Service, or Education
Click here for a complete list of eligibility requirements.
How to apply
New Futures relies on nominations from our Community Partners network and a comprehensive, biannual selection process to welcome new scholars to our family each year.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be nominated by a New Futures Community Partner
- Complete a comprehensive online application and meet all eligibility criteria
- Participate in an in-person interview with the New Futures Selection Committee
- Attend Scholar Orientation, Signature Workshops, advising sessions, and other supportive programs
New Futures selects new Scholars twice annually with referrals through our Community Partners.
The application will be available:
- Spring 2021 (dates TBD)
- Fall 2021 (dates TBD)